Improve your workflow and efficiency by helping guests understand and utilize their Alexa-enabled device
Is your staff tired of answering the same questions time and time again? You're in luck: SmartHost can answer many of your guests' common questions so your staff doesn't have to.
How do you help guests understand the value of SmartHost? We suggest sharing some sample "utterances" – like the ones in the graphic above – with guests. You can do so via pre-arrival email or text, website landing page, and/or check-in documentation.
Below, we've broken utterances into three separate categories that cover a large portion of guests' frequently asked questions:
- Property questions
- Communication questions, and
- Area questions.
Read on for an explanation and examples of each!
1. Ask Alexa about the property
Your Xplorie team builds SmartHost Content Items that cover a myriad of possible questions, but that's just the beginning. In addition, you and your staff can provide, to your SmartHost device, as many details as you like about each property through editing Content Items. Tell guests where to find linens, shampoo, wine glasses, games, appliances, and more. And if you want to give guests guidance on how to operate the TV or hot tub, you can provide them with step-by-step instructions.
Bonus: if you have a SmartHost Show device, you can also include a helpful video tutorial to your Content Item.
- Alexa, where are extra pillows?
- Alexa, how does the TV work?
- Alexa, how do you operate the hot tub?
- Alexa, where are the BBQ utensils?
2. In-unit communication through Alexa
Your guests can communicate with you and your staff via their SmartHost device. If they need housekeeping or have a maintenance issue they can tell Alexa their issue and, in turn, Alexa will notify you of the issue via your preferred method of contact.
Bonus: If you include troubleshooting tips on your SmartHost device, those tips will be provided to your guests prior to offering to notify you directly. To illustrate: maybe the hot tub goes into sleep mode after a certain amount of downtime. By providing troubleshooting tips via SmartHost that describes how to take the hot tub out of sleep mode, the guest can quickly remedy their issue independently. Not only do you satisfy your guest's need in the most effective and expeditious manner, you also free up your staff to answer other more pressing calls – like new reservation requests.
- Alexa, we're checking in now.
- Alexa, the refrigerator is broken.
- Alexa, contact housekeeping.
- Alexa, we're checking out now.
3. Ask Alexa about the area
Your Xplorie team also provides curated SmartHost content for the best of local attractions, activities, and restaurants. These are not random Google selections: they're hand-picked by our area professionals, built and managed within your devices by us, on your behalf. We've got your back!
- Alexa, we want to go to a museum.
- Alexa, where can get a good steak?
- Alexa, we want to visit the zoo.
- Alexa, we want to go golfing.
- Alexa, we want a dolphin cruise.
- Alexa, I want to go fishing.
- Alexa, I want to go parasailing.
- Alexa, we want a water park.
- Alexa, we want to go to a water park.
- Alexa, we want jet skis.
- Alexa, children’s museum.
- Alexa, where can we see a show?
- Alexa, we want to go to a luau.
- Alexa, we want to go snorkeling.
- Alexa, I want to rent a bike.
- Alexa, we want to rent bikes.
- Alexa, we want to rent a bike.
- Alexa, tell me about cruises.
- Alexa, we want to take a tour.
- Alexa, we want an ATV tour.
- Alexa, adventure park around here.
- Alexa, we want to go zip lining.
- Alexa, we want to go on a boat.
- Alexa, we want to rent a boat.
- Alexa, we want to go rafting.
- Alexa, white water rafting.
- Alexa, where's the best coffee?
- Alexa, where can we work out?
- Alexa, we want a trampoline park.
- Alexa, we want to go snowshoeing.
- You get the idea. 😀
There are tons of ways that SmartHost with Alexa can help guests have memorable experiences and help increase your team's efficiency. Encourage your guests to use SmartHost, and Alexa will handle the rest.